Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area plan layout moves with lower level envelope changes

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
RussellMerten8553
495 Views, 13 Replies

Area plan layout moves with lower level envelope changes

Our building has two levels currently, and I have been creating the area plan for the upper level. We decided that the upper level should overhang about 10ft. on several edges. When I make the changes to the lower level, the upper level areas are readjusting to wall envelope of the lower level even though there are no changes to the upper level walls (NOTE: the lower level area plans change as well).

I'm not sure why this is happening, any help is appreciated.

See attached images for reference

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

My initial thought is the area lines associate with the lower level walls and not the upper level. You should be able to use the align command and align the like to the upper walls and then it will be associated to those wall. 

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 14

Thats what I think is happening. I copied to walls initally from the first level to the second level. The align did not work, so I'm think about moving my first level walls to the second level and rebuilding the first level again.

Message 4 of 14

Can you just drag the area boundary lines? Or create new ones... That may be easier then redoing the whole plan again.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 5 of 14

I the instance I'm working in now, I only have a theoretical envelope for several different area plans. Every time I try to drag or align one of the area lines to the outer wall (the wall I thought it should associate to), it would not do it. So somehow, I have created two levels of floor area plans that are associated to the first level.

Could the problem be that the area lines are in the Main Model instead of the Option Set?

Message 6 of 14

How large is that file? 

Can you try and load it here....

I would like to take a look at it.

LD

Message 7 of 14

I'm trying to get it down to the allowable size....

Message 8 of 14

do you have a drop box or try yousendit.com - both free.

LD

Message 9 of 14

There should be a dropbox link in your email now... hopefully

Message 10 of 14

Yes - I have downloaded it and taken a look - I have uploaded another file to that folder... Can you see it - same name but my initials at the end.

What I was able to do was add a boundary like to the 2nd floor wall and delete the boundary like connect to the first floor and the area fill expanded to the new boundary.

LD

Message 11 of 14

Unfortunately, I can't see the file.

Message 12 of 14

check your private messages...

LD

Message 13 of 14

Thank you! That worked perfectly! I appreciate the help.

Message 14 of 14

Glad I was able to help... i didn't want you to have to redo the work!

LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report