Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arched Hole in wall & Wall height

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mikifox
1212 Views, 6 Replies

Arched Hole in wall & Wall height

I am trying to make a floorplan of my house in Revit 2013, but I am having an issue when it comes to one wall in my house. I have an opening in the Master Bedroom that leads to the bathroom. This wall has a weird arched-like opening in it and I have no clue how to make this in Revit. I have attached a sketch I did in paint so you guys can see what I am talking about.

Also, my exterior walls are 7' tall but the interior walls start at 7' and go up to 8' once in the middle of the house and reduce back to 7". How does one set that up in Revit?

EDIT: May have made the image too small to see, but the top is not arched, it is actually half of a decagon.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

you can do it by selecting wall and the : Mode>Edit Profil

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 7

Edit Profil is a quick method to solve the problem localy.

If you want to repeat the hole many times in your project, it will be better to make a Family:

New Family> (Metric) Door...erase the frame mullion extrusions...in an Elevation View put the mouse over the border of the hole and TAB (from keyboard) till the Opening Cut is heighlighting in blue..then click..now the hole is selected ..Opening>Edit Sketch...erase the upper line of the hole border and draw an inscribed  poligon with 10 sides centered on  equal distanecs from the left and right border....make it parametric and load it into your project.

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 4 of 7

as for the wall 7-8-7 you can use

1. Wall >Edit Profil  
  2. or you can attach it to an Extruded Roof  or two joined sloped floors 
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 5 of 7

I am trying to do this, and like you said doing an edit wall gets the job done. But the problem I am noticing now is, that the wall ends does not wrap in plan view at the openings. Is there a way I can achieve this?

Message 6 of 7
ljhudson
in reply to: ljhudson

What I did was created a typical rectangle wall opening, then at the area where the wall was arched, I edited the wall to be arched at that portion

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: ljhudson

If you need wrapping then go with openings (windows) and edit the opening profile as needed.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report