Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another sloping question

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Shawn
516 Views, 6 Replies

Another sloping question

I can't find it or figure it out.

How can I make a floor or slab object that has both a primary slope and a cross slope? e.g. a sidewalk going down hill with a 2% cross slope.

I know about variable thickness and Shape editing tools, but that doesn't work. I don't want the thickness to vary.

And slope arrows, you can only have one slope arrow per floor/slab. You can make the arrow a diagonal line, but the math required to figure that out is above my pay grade and the result ends up being more of a potatoe chip.

There must be somthing simple I'm missing.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
awes
in reply to: Shawn

Shawn, are you looking for this kind of solution? Anders

Message 3 of 7
Shawn

Yes, I think so. You are using degrees and metric elevations, but the idea is the same.

If there was some hint in your response as to how you did this, I don't see it.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
constantin.stroescu

what awes proposes is to select the floor slab (or roof slab) and to use Shape Editing > Modify Sub Elements ...it is not at all complicated 

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 5 of 7
Shawn
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Yes, I understand you can edit points to change elevation, but that changes the thickness of the slab so you end up with a non-uniform slab. If you just want a 4" (10cm) slab with a slope and cross slope, that does not seem to be possible.

Message 6 of 7
awes

Hi Shawn, edit floor type, uncheck box 'variable'. Anders

Message 7 of 7
Shawn
in reply to: awes

Okay, I get it. Slope and Cross slope has to be done with Shape Edit tools only. Uncheck variable in material edit and slab will stay same thickness.

Slope arrows and shape editing cannot be used simultaneously. It's one or the other.

Thank you both for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report