Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation in multiple views

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
NigelParsons4560
4958 Views, 6 Replies

Annotation in multiple views

Hello,

Is there an easy way to have annotation such as room names and apartment numbers automatically appear in other plans such as the ceiling?  I have set up my reflected ceiling plans to use the floor plans as an underlay but the annotation does not come through.

Thanks in advance.

N.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

Annotation is view dependent, so it will not be visible in a different view category. You can easily copy it across from floor plan to ceiling plan.
If you want to have the same annotation on multiple floor plans you can just duplicate a floor plan a dependent.
Message 3 of 7

Thanks maciej,

When I copy from the floor plan to the ceiling plan the text appears in a different place.  What's the procedure to make sure the text ends up in the same place on both plans?

Message 4 of 7

Hi Nigel,

When you paste the copied tags/text do you use Paste Aligned to Selected/Current view or Paste Aligned to same place?
Message 5 of 7

Hello maciej,

I select the text, hit ctrl+C, go to the ceiling plan, hit ctrl+v, the text appears in blue.  I hit enter and the text disappears.

What am I doing wrong?

I thought it might have been hidden by the ceiling grid, so I deleted the ceiling grid, but it still is not showing.

Message 6 of 7

Dont use the Ctrl+V option to paste in Revit. And you shouldn't be pressing Enter either.

Select all the annotation you want from the plan view, Click on the "copy to clipboard" button in the Clipboard panel in the ribbon, the hit the dropdown arrow under Paste, and choose any of these 3 options "align to selected views" (Allows you to do multiple views), "Align to current View" and "Align to same place"

This should work for all annotation that is not being pasted outside its host

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 7 of 7

Hi Alisder,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  Paste to Same Place worked fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report