Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angled wall reveals

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
7282 Views, 2 Replies

Angled wall reveals

I know how to make wall reveals. The problem is that they 're only horizontal or vertical. Check the attached image to see what I want to do Any help will be greatly appreciated
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try in place families. I've created this file in five minutes. These are sweeps, but if you want reveals just select void instead of solid while creating the in place family. I'm a beginner which proves two things: how intuitive is Revit and that I've to learn more :-) The best would be a sort of "parametric sweep" with adjustable dimensions, but it takes more than 5 minutes, let's say 6 ;-) Regards Q
Message 3 of 3
OKArcurrie
in reply to: Anonymous

In-place families are one way to go but each one will need a different name and you cannot apply type parameters like you can with loaded families.

I have created a loadable family using the family template "Metric Generic Model wall based".

We have some specifics in our project regarding the set outs of the joints so I used a combination of reference planes and reference lines appropriately locked so they stretch as required.  Note, we added reference lines to the top and bottom to ensure that the reveal cuts the wall completely.

I then added some parameters to control the reference planes which in turn stretch the reference lines (because the ends of the RLs are locked to the RPs).

The "Wall Reveal" was created using a "Void Forms - Void Sweep" and by picking the reference lines as "Pick Path - Pick 3D Edges".  The sweep uses a loaded profile which has its "Profile Usage" set to "reveal".

Before loading to the project, I used the Cut" tool to cut the wall in the family but you dont need to do this; you can load the family first and then cut the wall in your project using the cut tool.  If you cut the family wall before loading, it is harder to see the reveal untl it is placed on the wall.

Once the family is placed on the wall, we can then align it to the top of the wall (our set-out requirements) and the panel joint and then set parameters like wall height and panel width.  You should be able to change these parameters to suit you.

If anyone knows of a different way to stretch the reveal in the project like a normal reveal (perhaps using adaptive points?) then please let me know!!

I've attached the family here so see how you go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report