Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred while drawing the contents of this window

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
info
4038 Views, 7 Replies

An error has occurred while drawing the contents of this window

After using the program for a few weeks it appeared the error message "An error has occurred while drawingthe contents of this window" only when I open the 3D view. I reset the Windows user profile and everything is back to normal operation. Today has come out again this error screen. Video drivers are certified and the board is a Nvidea Quadro and normally I have no problems. To test I created a new user and everything works fine.What could alter the software related to user profile? Thk!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: info

If you have not already, I would try disabling (or enabling, if already disabled) Hardware Acceleration in the Revit Options.

I would also try clearing out the Temp folder on the machine. You can do this by hitting Windows+R, entering %temp%, then clearing out as many files as you can.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 8
info
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

If I disable the hardware acceleration works but is not the solution, we work with very large projects and we have to use the video card acceleration. I have tried deleting temp files but does not work. thanks

Message 4 of 8
info

anyone can help me?

Message 5 of 8
info

I have seen that the error occurs simply by clicking a family because it can not display the graphic in the upper left "property" with the type of item eg. wall.

Thk.

Message 6 of 8
sadhumon916

anyone can help me?????????? plzzzzzz....

Message 7 of 8
Rustle
in reply to: sadhumon916

I am having this problem too.  Only one user has the problem.

Message 8 of 8
lvmonkey77
in reply to: Rustle

im also having this issue and general instability issues with 2016 that i didn't have with 2014.

Its driving me nuts at the moment, as im a last semester architecture tech student and we just upgraded... and my 6 story building design due in 2 days is crashing left and right.

on a decent i7 machine that had no issues running 2014 with a similarly sized building using the same hardware, i find it bizarre

Im actually typing this as revit 2016 is frozen with that msg (after hitting ok) and not letting me move for the last 15 minutes. its been doing this craziness a lot now, yet i don't see anything that might cause it. =/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report