Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate dims based on formula?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
228 Views, 1 Reply

Alternate dims based on formula?

hi, i'm new to posting but have used this forum countless times with previous issues so hope you all can help.

is it possible (Revit 2014) to set up alternate dimensions that report the value represented in a different way via a simple formula? 

I am trying to show my dims as brick units (based on standard metric bricks 215x102.5x65mm with 10mm mortar joint), and was hoping to create new 3 dim types, based on CO+, CO- and CO, so the alternate dims i want would be:

1. CO+ =[value-10]/225
  2. CO- =[value+10]/225
  3. CO simply =[value/225]

....with the appropriate suffixes (CO+, CO- and CO).  Anyone know if this is possible..... or on the cards?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think such an option is available, at least not without some custom programming (maybe). What is possible is a dimension type that provides different ways of showing a series of equal-equal segments, as in this exampe. But you would have to draw all the reference planes.

2-12-2014 12-02-52 PM.gif

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report