Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced parameter coding question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rasm578s
260 Views, 2 Replies

Advanced parameter coding question

I would like to be able to control the fire rating a door must have through a yes / no parameters. I have created a shared parameter for all the different codes and then I have loaded them into the family, now I just want it to work so that when a rating is checked the name will be in  "Fire Rating".

EI0 selected when the door is not fire rated.

As can be seen in the picture, I found out how it can be doneUntitled.pngif there are 3 checkboxes.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rasm578s
in reply to: rasm578s

After I played a bit more with it, I found out that if I write:

"f (and (E60C, EI0)," E 60-C ", if (and (EI230C, EI0)," EI2 30-C ", if (and (EI260CA2s1d0, EI0)," EI2 60-C A2-s1 , d0 ", if (and (CSA, EI0)," CSA ", if (and (EI230, EI0)," EI2 30 ", if (and (EI260C, EI0)," EI2 60-C ", if (and (E30C, EI0), "E-30 C", if (EI0, "", "")))))))) 

So it works when EI0 always checked.

Can it be made such that only one of the other boxes that can be checked at a time?

Untitled.png

Message 3 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: rasm578s

See if this post helps : (in the Revit MEP forum)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP/IF-THEN-Formula-and-Yes-No-Parameter/m-p/3818889#M1...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report