Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Structure to an Architectural Model

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PhilvK
1380 Views, 3 Replies

Adding Structure to an Architectural Model

(Revit 2015, and new to it!). I want to add structural members to my Architectural plan / overall model for coordination and section purposes. Is that OK, or do I need to create a separate Structural model and "link" them? Also, I noticed that in my Architectural model that there is a heading for “Structural Plans”, but it only shows Levels 3 thru 6, whereas under “Floor Plans” I have 1 thru 6. What did I do wrong?

Thanks, Phil

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: PhilvK

Hello @PhilvK 

Doing separate models depends on the situation. If its a small building and everything is being done 'in-house' then it should not be a problem.

Are you the only one working on the file? If not I would create worksets to separate everything out.

If its an outside consultant - definitely have a separate model.

If its a larger building - would probably do separate models and link them together. The larger the model the more resources it takes. If it gets to large your system may not handle it (I have no idea of your set up... so just throwing that out there).

As for your missing plans - Look at the attached image - it will show how to create the plans you are missing... but you would go to the View tab>Plan Views> Structural Plan> a dialog box will open and show you what is available.

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
PhilvK
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thank you Lisa. The file I am working on is only by me, and is a simple building that has already been completed in Autocad. I am just using it as a learning tool and wanted to be able to add the structure to it so I can do small projects in the future in a similar manner.  Our larger projects have the Structural Revit models separate and linked, but for small projects I want to be able to add structure for my personal knowledge before I send to an engineer.

Your answer refers to an attached image, but I didn’t see one. Thanks again - Phil

Message 4 of 4
damo3
in reply to: PhilvK

The creation of 'Structural plans' occurs when you created the levels. Create a new level, and in the options bar you will see a button "plan view types". Simply deselect structural plans from the list and they will no longer appear for future levels. for the ones already created, you can simply delete them. 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report