Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Posts to Handrail System

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
doni49
400 Views, 2 Replies

Adding Posts to Handrail System

I created a new family to use as posts in my handrail system.  This is for a deck railing.  I'm working on creating a model of the building as it currently stands so I'm able to include a picture of what it actually looks like in real life. 

I've also included a screenshot showing the properties window for the handrail (showing what balusters are available) next to the project browswer (showing what families I've got loaded in the file).

In the project browser, I've marked with a red arrow the family that I want to use in my handrail.  The ones marked in green are actually listed in the handrail properties window.  So how can I make the Dek Rail Post available to my handrail?

I've also included the post family as an attachment.

TIA!

HandRailPic.jpg

RevitHandRailPosts.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: doni49

Was that family started with the Baluster-Post.rft template file?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
doni49
in reply to: David_W_Koch

@Anonymous wrote:

Was that family started with the Baluster-Post.rft template file?

No it wasn't.

A co-worker had already created a balluster using the Baluster-Post template and it was causing problems of a different nature.  I was hoping that I could create it from a Generic Model template and then change the family type (I did that with a different family to get around a problem I was having and it worked).

But since it was showing up amongst the other other ballusters, I thought I had done what I needed to make the family show up in the available ballusters.

In addition to asking about it here, I asked our reseller before I left work last week.  He responded by telling us what was wrong with the co-worker's template, fixed it and sent it back to me.

So I don't need to use this one any more.

Thanks for your time and effort to assist!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report