Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add parameters to model in place; possible??

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
calexochoa
2739 Views, 2 Replies

Add parameters to model in place; possible??

I want to see if it is even possible to add paramenters to a model in place casework?

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

cochoa
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbcarch
in reply to: calexochoa

I think not.

However, you might be able to do this:

http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com/2011/07/save-in-place-family-as-rfa-for-use-in.html

Then add parameters, save, load back into your project.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: calexochoa

@calexochoa wrote:

I want to see if it is even possible to add paramenters to a model in place casework?

Yes, any object created as model in-place can have parameters and other features available in the family editor. Notice that when you start a model in-place, you have the same tools available on the ribbon: family types, reference lines, reference planes, etc. They are available until you finish or cancel the model in-place. The only difference is that at the end you have created a family for this project, not a file with .rfa extension that can be used in other projects, which is why we prefer to do families in the family editor.

04-16-2014 7-01-02 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report