Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Edge Tool does not activate

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TREVORWILLIAM
719 Views, 2 Replies

Add Edge Tool does not activate

I have purchased the Sybex book titled, Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013 Essentials.

While working through Chapter 2 Schematic Design I have been unable to complete the processes described on page 47.

I am able to select the south face of the in place mass by use of the tab key but unable to locate the Add Edge tool which should be activated by the aforementioned selection.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

I am running revit on windows 7 / fusion/ macbookpro retina.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: TREVORWILLIAM

Hello and Welcome to the Discussion!

From my looking - the only thing that comes to mind is that you are not in the Edit mode.

I have attached 2 images...

The first shows the mass in the edit mode with the south face selected and the Add Edge tool showing.

The second is showing the mass with the south face showing but no tools in the Contextual Ribbon.

From this - I would take that you need to make sure you are editing the mass and then selecting the south face to get the required tool.

Let us know if this worked or its something else.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
TREVORWILLIAM
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thankyou for your reply.

I have worked through the Schematic design chapter again and resolved the issue.

Attached image shows the add edge tool. Once I worked out the correct sequence the tool was available.

TWM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report