Revit Architecture

Contributor
Ricardo-Maturana
Message 11 of 13 (130 Views)

Re: Adaptive points to control a circle

12-05-2012 06:12 AM in reply to: dcormack
Use reference lines for both, then select them and create solid. You can as parameters and you are set. I did a water slide this way. I drew a 3d spline with circular sections. I did have to add a section at each control point of the spline. Ricardo A. Maturana Twitter: @rmaturana
Valued Contributor
dcormack
Message 12 of 13 (124 Views)

12-05-2012 07:15 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Yes that works OK for me now. Divide and repeat doesnt seem to work other than arraying unfiorm circe instances. But inserting with an instance radius param does and then manually repeat instances. Cannot figure out who to control the path - Edit proile finds a profile with grip nodes but comes up with "regeneration failure" as soon as apply is attempted. Add profile seems to add some bizare contortions.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 13 of 13 (115 Views)

12-05-2012 08:56 AM in reply to: dcormack

There is a way in which Divide & Repeat can use different sizes of the repeater, and there are ways to control the path of the snake with adaptive points as well. It just requires more work, but it is possible. But if you want a smooth transition between the profiles, what I showed in my previous illustration works well, using profiles and a path. The other method with Divide & Repeat and different sizes will not create a continuous smooth form, but it will just repeat items without a transition between the items.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube