Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abouts walls, doors, floors and stuffs.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
achraf_smirani
270 Views, 3 Replies

Abouts walls, doors, floors and stuffs.

Hello everybody, it's me again. While I fixed my installation problems with AutoCad 2013.

I installed (with the install now feature) the student/trial version Revit 2013 (the one that's available for 3 years).

It runs smoothly, no problems there but I have one big concern: I can only draw one type of wall and/or floor.

No doors available, nor windows and colums.

I assume I'd have to load a library of those things, but I don't know how.

And second concern. How can I dsplay the elevations of the builiding.

Basically, it's like a super light version of Revit, is it normal?

thanks everybody!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: achraf_smirani

Hi. First of all, it seems you are starting off with an empty template. You should start from a built in template which already has more loaded families. Anyways, to answer your questions:

1- Walls and floors are system families, and you don't need to load any new families, all you need to do is create new types. In the type properties, go to edit type, duplicate, new name, edit structure, ok and you have a new type of floor or wall.

2- Doors and windows are loadable families, therefore when you select the door tool, if no families are loaded it will ask you to load one. If you don't have the families, then you should download them from the autodesk website and place them in the correct location.

3- Elevations only appear in elevation and section views and if none are there you can create them.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
achraf_smirani
in reply to: AJA14

Hi and tank you for your quick answer.

But it didn't solve my problems.

Here's the thing: when I try to use the Revit I just downloaded and just start to build a simple box; I can't get to put a simple ceiling, for instance. I draw the floor, then the walls, make sure the ceinling is at the right height from the ground etc. But It doesn't work.

No elevations, and I don't know how to create a floor view.

Does there exist a step by step walkthrough, in text and/or video?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: achraf_smirani

Hi. First of all, you need to create your levels in elevation or section views. To do that, go to an elevation view and use the levels tool located in the structure (home) tab. don't create them by using copy but if you do then go to the view tab, create panel, and use the plan views to change your levels to actual floors. 

With regards to ceilings, are you using the ceiling command in the architectural ribbon? If so are you in the correct discipline that displays ceilings? Did you check the VV visibility/graphics overrides?

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report