Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIA layer exports - changed?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
boydjohnson
86 Views, 0 Replies

AIA layer exports - changed?

For some reason, when I export to a dwg the objects and the layers they are placed on are not what I had originally when I have previously exported.
For example:
A door created in revit exports into cad on the 'door' layer (blocked), in block editer the door is on the panel layer and the swing line is on the Plan Swing layer.

Why are these elements not on typical AIA layers similar to...
A-door-panel
A-door-swing

or

a basic wall ends up on the "Wall" layer...why is it not on A-WALL layer?

or something similar to this.

I have tried to adjust the options when I export it to dwg...it is still the same...it just changes the color of the layers and lines. It says I'm exporting with aia standards...but something has changed, I used to be able to get the layers the way i wanted. I wonder if I overwrote the aia file somehow...if so how might I get it back to the origianl form?
Also there are elements (past imported cad files) within the export settings list...these elements are no longer in the drawing...why are they still in the list...how might I get rid of them....they are no longer linked and even exist in the drawing.

Hope all that made some sense...thanks for your help
boyd j.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report