Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Valued Mentor
vector2
Message 11 of 16 (334 Views)

Re: 3ds max doesn't link revit architecture projects or views

04-26-2012 03:46 PM in reply to: skratulla

skratulla wrote:

Did you link the rvt file directly or did you export it to fbx, because I can actually export to fbx and get the same result but importing revit is´t an option, oh and another thing are, you running 3ds max design on a 32 bit system or on a 64 bit?

The rvt link works fine for me. And 32 bit is so old I don't even

remember it. lol  But I'm certain the 32 bit version of any

of these programs have the exact same functionality.

surfen281
Message 12 of 16 (272 Views)

11-08-2012 12:28 AM in reply to: vector2

Hi!
Is this feature (Revit link) available just in DESIGN?

Or in MAX as well?
Thanx for answers! :smileyhappy:

samyvincent52
Message 13 of 16 (238 Views)

12-17-2012 01:09 AM in reply to: skratulla

I have the exact same problem right now I don't know what to do about it. It just stops loading at about 3/4 of the status bar. I've tried many different ways of importing and I always get the same problem. I was just wondering if you managed to fix your problem and if so, how did you do it?

aspectfurniture
Message 14 of 16 (201 Views)

03-19-2013 11:17 AM in reply to: vector2

Did you get anyware with this?? im at a loss as what to do.

chadrhines
Message 15 of 16 (183 Views)

03-20-2013 04:46 PM in reply to: skratulla

I had a similar problem and worked it backward. Sherlock Holmes with Revit because I've posted 3 times and got NO response from other "Masters" of this very fragile software for other problems so I hope this helps you.

The one bug that disallowed my Revit to Max ( via the FBX file transfer, you must use this correctly) is to REMOVE

ANY and ALL RPC items such as onterage people, cars, especially those valuable Trees etc. Although they come with Revit they DO NOT come with Max. I guess the greedy people at RPC feel that charging their $800 or so a year "Licensing fee" ( notice you don't buy it for that..) is legitimate.

Anyway, remove these items, sadly, and your trip from Revit to Max will work. Track down some free onterage. When you do let me know where you found it...actually anyone who see this let me know ( although if history repeats itself no one will respond).

Chad Raymond Hines

RA, CGArchitect

steelmountain
Message 16 of 16 (149 Views)

04-27-2013 05:49 AM in reply to: vector2

I am having the exact same problem!

It can't be caused by the entourage (like trees), because it doesn't even work when trying to link an empty file with just a view in it...

Please help!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.