Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2013 has issues separating Materials to Revit Stuctural elements

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Sandra.Massa
596 Views, 2 Replies

3ds Max 2013 has issues separating Materials to Revit Stuctural elements

Hi,

When I reload my Revit model in 3ds Max 2013 and try to apply  a concrete brick material to the wall that happens to be structural, all of my columns and joists are selected too?  The joists are steel etc…,   I have assigned separate materials to these elements, yet 3ds Max seems to find that the structural elements are all the same material?

I already tried unchecking my structure on the structural walls AS a QUICK FIX and that does not take care of my problem?

I really do not want to fake this wall as something else, because it is a structural concrete wall.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks
bluicat.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joshsorrell
in reply to: Sandra.Massa

I'm having the same issue trying to apply materials to walls from autocad architecture that are linked into 3ds max 2013. I have walls on different layers and when I select walls on one layer, it applies the materials to all the walls regardless to whether they are selected or not. Is there some setting I'm missing in 3ds Max?

Message 3 of 3
Sandra.Massa
in reply to: Sandra.Massa

Hi Josh,

This issue with Revit structural elements taking on the same material once linked in to 3ds Max was due to my many versions updated template. When testing the same elements/scenario in a current version of Revit's default template this did not happen. There were other issues that I ran in to with my original upgraded template and now I am rebuilding it from scratch. Over the past few years I would simply transfer over new items from the newly released versions of Revit to my template, and this was not enough to keep all functionality running smoothly. Apparently, it is wise to rebuild templates starting with the version upgrade default template when you upgrade. 

Suggestions are to 1st recreate the same scenario in a blank default template to see what happens.

If there are no problems with the blank default template, then you know that the issue is with the template that you are using.

Good luck!

bluicat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report