Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d view, glass, ghosted at all times

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chrisdawsonarchitect
2444 Views, 6 Replies

3d view, glass, ghosted at all times

when in 3d view my glass (whether curtain walls or windows) is always visable through all other surfaces. see attached jpeg for a view. when i rotate it still looks like this. the vv and vg are all set to default. it is as if everything is transparent and you can see glass all the time, even when the part would not be visibl, i e the opposite side of the building as see in the attached jpeg

Dave Franknecht
Graduate Architect
Chris Dawson Architect
Harrisburg, PA
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

1.  I would first verify your graphics driver is up to date and reports no errors [similar to the image below] under Options > Graphics:

Image Example

2.  Next are any of the elements [such as the light gray or orange walls] overridden with Ghost Surfaces or have some transparency?  Select one of the elements > right-click > override graphics in view > by element > and verify if Ghost Surfaces is checked.

Then verify the transparency level [if any] of the material to see if that may be contributing.

3.  Lastly if the issue persists, try copy and pasting aligned, the walls into a blank project.  Does the same visual issue occur?

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 7

i believe my graphics card is up to date but it says it has not be tested with revit (see attached image). does this mean it is not sufficient to run revits capabilities....

that may have soemthing to do with the material rendering palette to. when i chage a materials properties sometimes it will crash without warning... i assumed this was graphics card related.

Dave Franknecht
Graduate Architect
Chris Dawson Architect
Harrisburg, PA
Message 4 of 7

Are you running update 1 for Revit 2012?  This should improve the material crashing behavior; if needed I have included the links below:

Revit 2012 Web Update 1 Available

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 7

I have the exact same issue and it is bad enough that I cannot yet use Revit 13.  Have you found a solution?

Message 6 of 7

check that you have the most up to date revit 2013 service pack and that you have graphic acceleration off

Dave Franknecht
Graduate Architect
Chris Dawson Architect
Harrisburg, PA
Message 7 of 7

This should be resolved with the latest graphics driver.  See the referenced post below:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/04/glazing-appears-through-walls-in-revit-2013.html

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report