Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D View showing Floor Outline on Exterior Walls

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
julie.robinsonplans
1623 Views, 2 Replies

3D View showing Floor Outline on Exterior Walls

Our office is new to Revit but we took the Fundamentals training course over 3 months ago so we have some descent practice.

I am creating a two-storey single-family house.  The exterior wall assembly is Core Boundary, 3/8" Stucco (we apply a Stucco material to our Sheathing so in Section we aren't showing a finish material on the exterior), 5 1/2" <By Category> (our studs), Core Boundary, Air Barrier, 1/2" Gypsum Wall Board.  We draw the floor system to the face of our studs and extend our walls to the bottom of the floor system, then when we join geometry the floor cuts out the wall leaving only the wall sheathing extending to the face of our floor system.

My problem is when I create a 3D perspective view with the camera my floor system is showing through the walls.  It seems to thin out/disappear the larger the perspective view is on the page, but I can only make it so big on C-size page.

Is there a way to hide what Revit shows detailed behind the face of a material?? Or if there is any other fix I am all ears!!

(I tried hiding the floor system in my perspective view but it stills shows the floor outline, I'm assuming because it is being cut out of the assembly).

Julie.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It sounds like you may need to pull your floor sketch line back away from the studs to make the floor line disappear in 3D views.
Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3

I can't do that, because then it will not look structurally correct in my building sections...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report