Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D CAD export from Revit 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
WAPeto3
704 Views, 5 Replies

3D CAD export from Revit 2013

I am new to revit and having trouble exporting a 3d view of my revit file to cad.  Need to export for client who has revit 2012, any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WAPeto3

Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Export from a 3D View to obtain a 3D AutoCAD file. While you are choosing the file location for the export, you can specify the AutoCAD version via the pull-down menu towards the bottom of the dialog.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
WAPeto3
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have done that step, the issue i am having is the entire file is not exporting. Not sure if I am missing a step in the process that is causing this to happen. 

TAHnk you for the help, much appreciated. 

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WAPeto3

Create a single 3D View that shows all of the elements in the Model, and then export from there in order to get the entire model exported. If a Category or Element is hidden, it will not appear in the export.

If the above doesn't help, what elements are not exporting?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
WAPeto3

Thank you very much for your help and quick response.

Message 6 of 6
WAPeto3

So I created a 3D view and turned everything on in the view, I exported again and I get a few pieces of the facades and columns with one floor plate.  Everything else does not show up when I open the cad file.  Thoughts on a remedy? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report