Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 - Linked Views - Section Boxes not displaying

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1362 Views, 3 Replies

2013 - Linked Views - Section Boxes not displaying

I have a project with multiple revit files linked in to it. Some of the linked 3D views contain section boxes that section off each floor of the building. (3D-Level 1, 3D-Level 2, etc.)

When I link one of the 3D views and enable section boxes (via the Extents->Section Box and via Overrides -> Links -> Display Settings -> Annotation), a section box will appear, but it is not the same size as the one in the linked file.. which makes my drawing show all of the floors instead of just Level 1. I am able to resize the box manually so I assume it is a local one.

Is there something I forgot to toggle? If not, is there an easy way to figure out the elevation/dimensions of selection boxes in the linked file so I can transfer the data to the local section boxes?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't believe that you're missing anything (unless I'm missing it too!), in that Section Boxes and Crop Regions do not accompany a Linked 3D View. Under the Visibility/Graphics for the Linked Project, the Section Box Category is not even present. A method of accomplishing this hasn't come to mind, yet...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Shoot. Setting them up manually it is then.

P.S. I think I owe you a beer or something, as you've answered all of my questions so far 😃 Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Ah, don't worry - I've already got one! icon_beer.gif

Anyway, I'm happy to be of use, but I would rather answer this one with some form of solution rather than a simple "Revit can't do that", so I'm going to look into it a little more when I get a chance.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report