Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 walls have same properties, but draw differently

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
224 Views, 5 Replies

2 walls have same properties, but draw differently

I have 2 walls, perpendicular to each other. The properties of both walls are the same, ie: it is the same wall type, the Base Constraint is to the same level, the Base Offset is the same dimension, the Top Constraint is to the same level and the Top Offset is the same dimension. (The Unconnected Height is greyed out, but shows the overall height of the walls to be the same.) However, in elevation, section and axon views one wall is shorter than the other by 150mm. I need both walls to be the same height. What am I missing? Damian
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

One probably has a sketch applied. See if you can remove the sketch... "Bree Day Partnership" wrote in message news:409a06b3_2@newsprd01... > I have 2 walls, perpendicular to each other. > > The properties of both walls are the same, ie: it is the same wall type, the > Base Constraint is to the same level, the Base Offset is the same dimension, > the Top Constraint is to the same level and the Top Offset is the same > dimension. (The Unconnected Height is greyed out, but shows the overall > height of the walls to be the same.) > > However, in elevation, section and axon views one wall is shorter than the > other by 150mm. > > I need both walls to be the same height. What am I missing? > > Damian > >
Message 3 of 6
Steve_Stafford

Is one wall attached to something above!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Aaron, Yes, one wall did have a sketch applied, however:- 1. I created a sketch in the wall to allow me to punch a hole in the wall and insert some curtain wall glazing. Removing the sketch also removes the hole, and the curtain wall glazing is left 'within' the wall. 2. After removing the sketch (and the opening I created has disappeared) I re-checked both walls properties, and they are the same as my original post, ie: Same constraints top & bottom, and same offsets top and bottom, so therefore should be the same height, but one wall is still shorter by 150mm. So it seems that removing the sketch leaves the problem. Still confused..... Damian "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:409a3707$1_3@newsprd01... > One probably has a sketch applied. See if you can remove the sketch... > > "Bree Day Partnership" wrote in message > news:409a06b3_2@newsprd01... > > I have 2 walls, perpendicular to each other. > > > > The properties of both walls are the same, ie: it is the same wall type, > the > > Base Constraint is to the same level, the Base Offset is the same > dimension, > > the Top Constraint is to the same level and the Top Offset is the same > > dimension. (The Unconnected Height is greyed out, but shows the overall > > height of the walls to be the same.) > > > > However, in elevation, section and axon views one wall is shorter than the > > other by 150mm. > > > > I need both walls to be the same height. What am I missing? > > > > Damian > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Steve, No, the top of both walls are parapet walls. Damian "Steve_Stafford" wrote in message news:9563081.1083875963572.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is one wall attached to something above!
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Is the top of the line when you are in sketch mode locked to the green reference line? Probably not. This would cause the wall to only react to the sketch and not the other constraints of the wall. Edit the sketch. Lock the top of the wall to the top reference line. There also may be a dimensional constraint in your sketch keeping this edge from moving. "Damo - BDP" wrote in message news:409eb49d$1_2@newsprd01... > Steve, > > No, the top of both walls are parapet walls. > > Damian > > "Steve_Stafford" wrote in message > news:9563081.1083875963572.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Is one wall attached to something above! > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report