Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kingnguyen
294 Views, 3 Replies

need help!

I'm new with Revit, but have lot experience with 3dsmax and 3dsmaxscript (over 8 years)

I need to ask a stupid question, please give me rough information (like 1 month or 2 months)

1. How long does it take to learn Revit? for technical using only

2. How long does it take to make learn Revit API, plugin?

3. How long does it make this tool?

+ Collect material information (material name, diffuse map, tiling value....)

+ Collect BIM information

--> then export it to text file when ever Revit export file to fbx (I will use this value to import texture to Unity3D project like Revizto)

Please give help me on it. Or anyone could do the outsource for 3. (make application similar to Revizto and its plugin in Revit)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
R.van.den.Bor
in reply to: kingnguyen

Hello kingnguye,

You have probably asked the most difficult questions to answer 🙂

How long does it take to learn something?? It depends on several things like how smart are you, are you a fast learner, do you have a background in building, are you technical, do you have any experience with software like this (apperently you do), what level of knowledge do you want to reach ??

I mean, it's the saem as if someone would ask, how much driverlessons do I need to learn to drive ? My wife did it in 26 lessons and I needed 42 lessons and she still says I can't drive a car 🙂

If you have the luxery to productivly work with Revit for 3 months, you have a good understand of how revit works. This will help you greatly when making pluginns for Revit.

If you have programming skills and know your way in C# there are enough examples and blogs to work with the API, so let's say one month to do thing thing you describe.

But then again, this is pure guessing work, so when you ask other users of this form you will probably get antoher answer. 

Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).
Message 3 of 4
duncan.lithgow
in reply to: kingnguyen

See also the udemy online course 'Learn to program the Revit API by Boost Your BIM' https://www.udemy.com/revitapi/
Message 4 of 4
kingnguyen
in reply to: R.van.den.Bor

thanks, I think it is good enough for me to give rough estimate to my client 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community