Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit existing floor/shaft opening profile

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
apatel1110
3389 Views, 4 Replies

edit existing floor/shaft opening profile

Hello,

Is it possible to edit existing shaft or slab opening profile? I noticed that  'opening.BoundaryCurves' property is 'read only' making it impossible to swap/add/delete curves in that curveArray. Is there any other method i can use for floors/slabs?

thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gopinath.taget
in reply to: apatel1110

Hello,

I am guessing the opening you are using is a standard Revit opening family instance or is it a custom opening family instance you created?

In either case, editing the curves is a very fundamental operation that will need editing of the  family itself. What kind of editing do you want to do. Can you not define parameters in the opening family to achieve the same effect?

In general, anything you can do with the UI should be possible with the API. But its very unlikely you can do anything with the API that you cannot do with the UI. So you should test a use case with the UI before trying with the API.

Best Regards,

Gopinath

Message 3 of 5
longt61
in reply to: gopinath.taget

Hello,

I am encountering the same problem using Revit 2019.2. The opening object I was using is the default shaft opening of Revit, nothing special at all. I also notice that the opening object has no family at all, which means the boundary curves are not controled or limited by family - just a wild guess. Has anyone found out solution or explanation for this problem yet?

Thank you all in advance.

Message 4 of 5
bbutterfieldV4Z89
in reply to: longt61

I had the same problem and couldn't figure out how to edit the shaft opening profile.  I finally realized the shaft opening was pinned.  Once I unpinned it, I could edit it.  I know the original post is super old, but hopefully this helps someone else!

Message 5 of 5

hi Do you edit the unpinned opening via API?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community