Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot start Revit 2015 for API debugging

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4323 Views, 3 Replies

cannot start Revit 2015 for API debugging

I have been working with Revit API for several versions but now I am having difficulties to debug with Revit 2015 API. 

The plugin I created seems to work fine with Revit 2015. But when I try to debug it in VS by pressing F5, I saw Revit starts and immediately exits. The VS Output window shows a 0xe06d7363 Microsoft C++ Exception. 

I googled this error but it seems to be very general and nothing relevant to this context. 

I am using VS2013 on Windows 7. Any ideas is appreciated. Thanks!

4-21-2014 3-28-30 PM.jpg 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to switch Visual Studio back to the legacy debugger. I think Jeremy covered this on his blog a while back.

The setting you are after is called "Use Managed Compatibility Mode" and is found in the Tools -> Options -> Debugging menu of visual studio.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You are absolutely right! Now it works as expected. 

Since your mention it, I now remember Jeremy's blog regarding this setting, and put the link here just in case anyone is interested: http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2013/11/debugging-revit-2014-api-with-visual-studio-2013.ht...

But it didn't refer the symptom I was seeing. 

Anyway, many thanks! 

Message 4 of 4
citystrawman

thank you for solving my long unsolved issue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community