Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualizing Revit files (zoomed) when a "coordinate" is indicated (in a browser)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Acaspita
754 Views, 2 Replies

Visualizing Revit files (zoomed) when a "coordinate" is indicated (in a browser)

Hi Guys,

Pardon my lack of correctness in the use of CAD concepts! I'm a web developer and today i find myself digging into these topics again after years went throught since my last contact with autoCad/3DStudioMax (I miss them a littleMan Very Happy).

I think you'll find interesting what I'm trying to implement. You see, I'm trying to find a way to display in a browser (Sharepoint Web Part) a revit design (can be a .dwg, too; I suppose). Specifically we're trying to show the physical location of the employees in the company, with some kind of coordinate (when i saw user screen) and zoomed to the desk the employee occupies.

I'm surfing the autocad dll, but if you'd give me some guidance, I would much appreciate it!

For sure some of you guys have done or seen this before. I don't think it to be difficult to implement, right?

Thanks!

Ariel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe.Ye
in reply to: Acaspita

Hi Ariel

Revit model cannot be viewed fromthe web browser at the moment. No such IE control is available at the moment.

Instead,  some other file formats can be viewed in the web browser. For example, we can view the DWF/DWFx file in the browser via the design review control. 

Or you can export the Revit model to naviswork file(*.NWD), and show it in the Naviswork control in the browser.

Then you can use the control's API functionality to zoom to specific area or space. Naviswork provides the API to zoom to a specific set of objects. 

Joe Ye
Contractor
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 3
Acaspita
in reply to: Joe.Ye

Thank You Joe!

For sure the info is really useful for us!

Cheers,

Ariel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community