Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViewTemplate

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
julien44
427 Views, 3 Replies

ViewTemplate

Hi there,

can you confirm it is not possible to create a new viewtemplate with the API?

Thanks, Julien

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
R.van.den.Bor
in reply to: julien44

It sure looks that way 😞
Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).
Message 3 of 4

Dear Julien,

Thank you for your update and explanation.

I checked with the development team, and this functionality appears not to be available right now.

I therefore submitted the wish list item CF-1509 [API wish: create view template -- 09693106] on your behalf for the functionality you suggest.

Please make a note of this number for future reference.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 4 of 4
jeremytammik
in reply to: julien44

Dear Julien and all others concerned,

Thank you for your patience, and I hope you noticed and voted for the associated wish list item:

This wish list item appears to be on the roadmap now, and the development team are requesting feedback on it.

The discussion forum threads, ADN cases and development tasks affected are:

Would you like to review the current draft of the plans below and let us know whether you think they will meet your needs?

We think the Acceptance Criteria listed below cover the customer wishes; please let us know if this is correct and if there are other requirements related to View Templates.

Draft Release Epic:

As an API developer, I need the ability to create, modify and apply view templates via the API, so that I don’t need to use Revit interface to create and manage my view templates.

Draft Acceptance Criteria:

• Ability to edit and control all view template setting via the API (this may be available now?)
  • Ensure that the action of including parameters via the “Include” column in the view templates dialog is available through the API. (maybe this is the same as line #1?)
  • Create a new view template from scratch via the API
  • Duplicate an existing view template via the API
  • Create a view template from the current view and from existing views via the API
  • Allow Revit command “CreateTemplateFromCurrentView" to be called silently and with the required arguments. (Is this request redundant?)

Customer sentiment:

My goal is to create X views, each with a new view template that has filter variations which depend on parameter values. I managed (via the API) to associate each view with the correct template, but had to create the templates via the UI, before I could edit them with the API.

Does that sound as if it matches and covers all your requirements?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community