Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To open a VB 6 form in REVIT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
382 Views, 2 Replies

To open a VB 6 form in REVIT

Hi all,

I want a .net application which will open a VB 6 Form in REVIT application and that should work as similar as .NET form,

Now, I had a vb 6 form in the form of DLL; I want to open that VB6 Form in REVIT, I can open that form, but the problem is it is not working as similar as VB.NET Form, its behavior is almost as similar as a Message Box, I mean I am not able to use the REVIT Application, until I close the vb6 form, but I want a functionality to use either or both forms individually,

I here by attached (entire) my work in the form of a ZIP file (DEMO.ZIP), please go through it,

So can any one please help me out to do so?

Thanks in Advance,
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Expose the vb6 form to activex, then you can get at it from dotnet. That will not fix your modal problem, you will have to change your vb6 form to an activeX control then use in ontop of a windows form (gag!).

You are better off rewriting it with the new windows forms, they are much better than Vb6. For example, you can inherit from a text box control and add new functions just like a real object oriented language.

Chris Arps
Message 3 of 3
rexxitall
in reply to: Anonymous

Should be possible - at least in 32 bit. look out for things like vb interop.

Even if its not so well communicated, its possible to call com objects in .net.

some info can be found there.

http://forums.augi.com/archive/index.php/f-92-p-2.html

br

Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community