Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating Project Browser Family Explorer

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jankoezb
249 Views, 1 Reply

Simulating Project Browser Family Explorer

Hi everyone,

I'd like to be create an exact replica of the Project Browser's Families tree. I've tried enumerating FamilySimbol, Family, FamilyInstance objects but they are not satisfactory to me. They all do just a part of the job, I don't have a way of combining the results into a categorized tree.

For example, in the Object Styles dialog (Settings -> Object Styles) , Revit seems to know exactly which categories are model elements and which are annotation. How can I obtain the lists of model/annotation types?

Another example, using the Document class, I can obtain the AnnotationSymbolTypes, which works fine, the WallTypes which works fine as well, but no window types !? How is that different?

I need a way to categorize all of the families loaded into the under their respective categories, and all of the types under their respective families, (along with the number of type instances) as the Project Browser does. Any Pointers?

Thanks,
Janko Jerinic
Building Explorer inc.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mattmas
in reply to: jankoezb

Janko,

I'm not aware of any way of doing it definitively.
I have, in the past, looked at all of the available parameters for a family or family type, and inferred information about it based on which parameters existed.

I don't know if it will give you what you want - but hey, it's something to try, right?

-Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community