Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Elements based on a shared parameter value

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vc_atif
377 Views, 2 Replies

Selecting Elements based on a shared parameter value

Dear All,

I need urgent help in finding a way to select elements in a revit model based on a given value of a shared parameter through Revit API. The next step is to assign some other shared parameter values to those selected elements. Any help will be highly regarded. 

Thank You.

Atif

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeremytammik
in reply to: vc_atif

Dear Atif,

I am afraid that your query is too general for anyone to answer it as it stands now.

I can imagine that most people's reaction on reading this is that you maybe should employ a consultant to do the work for you.

People will certainly be more willing to jump in and help if you explain more clearly what you have already achieved and what your specific problem is.

Have you worked through the Revit API getting started material?

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/about-the-author.html#2

Based on that, have you implemented anything at all yourself yet?

There are a number of samples available online addressing everything that you are asking for.

I hope this clarifies, and please do not feel offended in any way by my questions and suggestions if this is already clear to you.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 3
vc_atif
in reply to: jeremytammik

Dear Jeremy,
Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I accept that my query was not specific enough because of my lack of knowledge in Revit API. It took me a while to figure out a way to do what I wanted through some online sources.
I am happy though that you replied and spared your valuable time to help me out. I am not offended at all, besides you have given me something to improve. It was just the time constraint that pushed me to post my general question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community