Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RevitExtension AddIn 2013 conflicts with Own AddIn

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gg
Explorer
285 Views, 2 Replies

RevitExtension AddIn 2013 conflicts with Own AddIn

Hello,

I have created an AddIn for Revit (2012,2013, 2014) and I am using the OnIdling function that is accesable From the Revit API. The AddIn works great when i haven't installed the ReviExtension 2013 AddIn from Autodesk, but when I installed it, the function OnIdling wasn't thrown anymore. Since other people use this AddIn aswell I would like to find a solution to this problem. Is the RevitExtension 2013 AddIn blocking the Idling event?

Thanks in advance

Regards

GG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gopinath.taget
in reply to: gg

Hi,

When you say RevitExtension 2013, I am assuming you mean Revit Extensions for Revit 2013 that you get as a part of Subscription Pack.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I did a bit of research and could not find any relevent information on the problem you mention. Do you see the problem go away if you uninstall Revit Extensions 2013? Do you see the same problem with Revit 2014 as well (or Revit 2012)?

Best Regards

Gopinath

Message 3 of 3
gg
Explorer
in reply to: gopinath.taget

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Your assumption is correct, I am talking about the Revit Extension fro Revit 2013.

I also did some research on this topic but could not find any matching topics on this problem. If I deactivate the .addin file, so that it won't be loaded at startup then my addin works fine. But if I activate the .addin files (form Revit Extension) then I can't acces the Idling event from my addin in Revit.

I have had the same problem with Revit 2012. I haven't tested it with Revit 2014, but I will try this later.

Regards

GG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community