Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Subscription Add-ins manage BasePoint and Survey Point

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JustinBlack
263 Views, 1 Reply

Revit Subscription Add-ins manage BasePoint and Survey Point

As a BIM manager, I'm trying to automate my BIM audits on my projects. I would like to run a check to confirm the values of project Basepoint and the survey point N/S and E/W. Does anyone know how to extract these values using the Revit DBlink add-in? 

I've managed to pull the values using the Revit model review add-in but I continually recieve a FAIL on my checks because the values aren't exactly what I entered in my model (off by .000001). and the check 

Ideally I'd be able to perform the check in Model review but if I have to, even pulling the info from Revit DBlink would be sufficient.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeremytammik
in reply to: JustinBlack

Dear Justin,

Thank you for your query.

I am afraid I cannot help you with the DBLink question or functionality, since that is more of an end user product issue and are not related to the Revit API. It is best addressed by an application engineer, product usage expert, or product support.

You could however have a look at the Setout Point add-in to see how to access the project base point and location programmatically, if that is any use to you:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/08/structural-concrete-setout-point-add-in.html

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community