Revit API

m.walk
Message 1 of 8 (653 Views)

Revisions on sheet

653 Views, 7 Replies
12-30-2010 01:50 PM

Is there a way to access the revisions on sheet information in a viewsheet?  I can get the project revisions, but have not been able to find a way to access any information about the revisions shown on the revision schedule on a sheet.

There is an accessible revisions on sheet parameter however I cannot get anything meaningful out of it.   Has anyone had any luck with this?

Contributor
david.rock
Message 2 of 8 (455 Views)

Re: Revisions on sheet

06-24-2012 09:39 PM in reply to: m.walk

Hello,

Sorry I don't have a solution, did you have any luck on this? I have 100 sheets and I need to add a revision to every one of them.

When I look at the "Revisions on sheet" parameter storage type it is set to None :-(

Thanks

David

Employee
saikat
Message 3 of 8 (412 Views)

07-26-2012 02:36 PM in reply to: david.rock

Hi

The current API does not allow accessing this parameter and further working with it. However it is logged with the Development team to consider implementing in future.

Sorry for the bad news

cheers

Saikat Bhattacharya

timwinter
Message 4 of 8 (258 Views)

08-20-2013 04:31 PM in reply to: saikat

Any movement on this?  It's a MAJOR sore point for our drafters and their carpal tunnel...

Active Contributor
cshha
Message 5 of 8 (245 Views)

08-21-2013 09:17 AM in reply to: timwinter

I believe that this has been added in Revit 2014

See the ViewSheet.GetAllProjectRevisionIds & ViewSheet.GetAdditionalProjectRevisionIds, as well as the SetAdditionalProjectRevisionIds method.

The "additional" methods refer to revisions that have manually been added, while the "all" method also retrieves revisions that are due to revision clouds being visible in the view.

Valued Contributor
Ning_Zhou
Message 6 of 8 (236 Views)

08-21-2013 08:32 PM in reply to: cshha
not quite understand that "additional" stuff? is that extra project revision added using API? seems i cannot add it using normal UI or perhaps i missed something?

from chm it defines as "the project revisions that are additionally included in the sheet's revision schedules", what does it mean?

looks like no relevant info. in sample SDK, will be great if someone can post short coding sample.
Active Contributor
cshha
Message 7 of 8 (226 Views)

08-22-2013 07:45 AM in reply to: Ning_Zhou

The "additional" revisions are the ones that are manually placed on the sheet using the "Revisions On Sheet" window, that appears in the Properties tab for every sheet.

The revisions that are not "additional" are ones that are placed through the use of revision clouds.

Valued Contributor
Ning_Zhou
Message 8 of 8 (218 Views)

08-22-2013 06:51 PM in reply to: cshha
thanks cshha for clarification.

looks like thses "additional" revisions are still the revisions added through normal Sheet Issues/Revisions window, just not yet instantiated w/ revision clouds by user.

not quite sure if it's useful? we're more concerned w/ numbering system which is too restrictive.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube