Revit API

bbarlea
Message 1 of 3 (288 Views)

Profiling Revit Plug-in

288 Views, 2 Replies
06-01-2012 03:10 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know a tool that can be used for performance profiling of a Revit plug-in? Every tool I've checked can not profile an add-on loaded in the Revit process.

Most of CLR profilers crash or don't get any informations when i try to profile the Revit.exe process.

AMD Code Analyst and Very Sleepy give only the functions address not also the functions name even if the path to the PDB files is set correctly.

Any sugestions?

Bogdan

chuck.han
Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)

Re: Profiling Revit Plug-in

06-25-2012 02:47 PM in reply to: bbarlea

What version of Visual Studio (2010, right?) do you have?  I'm asking because I have Professional that has no profiling tools, and if you have a version above Pro with the tools and those tools can't be used for add-ins.

Thanks, Chuck

Employee
saikat
Message 3 of 3 (171 Views)

Re: Profiling Revit Plug-in

08-03-2012 03:47 PM in reply to: chuck.han

Unfortunately, we too have heard that managed code profilers do not work with Revit 2010 onwards. 

Sorry for the bad news.

Saikat Bhattacharya

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube