Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running addin in 2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Dave_Duke
675 Views, 4 Replies

Problem running addin in 2011

Hi all

I am a new to programming in revit but i consider myself a vary experienced revit user,

I am trying to just create a simple HelloWorld addin using C#.net 2010 Express,

I have created the .dll file, and the .addin fill with what i think is the correct refferancing.

When i open RAC start a new project go to the Addin tab and select my HelloWorld addin nothing happens... nothing at all.. no errors or anything.

The only differences i have noticed between my setup the the example under the SDK developers guide is that when i build the solution it says the location was saved in the \bin\release folder and not the \bin\debug folder, when i try and run a debug it comes up with the error that you can not run as a class library.

i am not sure if its a C# 2010 thing or am i missing something.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Dave_Duke
in reply to: Dave_Duke

Problem sorted it was the .NET Framework i had to roll back from 4 to 3.5...

Next problem i have come across is when i try and build a Ribbon Panel..

When i try to run it there is no panel but it comes up in the external tools drop down next to my helloworld addin,

when i select it it pops up with the following message:

1738i96DCFDD21B581BD7

The Code i am using is:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;

using Autodesk.Revit.UI;
using Autodesk.Revit.DB;
using System.Windows.Media.Imaging;

namespace AddPanel
{
    [Autodesk.Revit.Attributes.Transaction(Autodesk.Revit.Attributes.TransactionMode.Automatic)]
    [Autodesk.Revit.Attributes.Regeneration(Autodesk.Revit.Attributes.RegenerationOption.Manual)]

public class CsAddPanel : Autodesk.Revit.UI.IExternalApplication
    {
        public Autodesk.Revit.UI.Result OnStartup(UIControlledApplication application)
        {
            // add new ribbon panel
            RibbonPanel ribbonPanel = application.CreateRibbonPanel("NewRibbonPanel");

//Create a push button in the ribbon panel “NewRibbonPanel”
            //the add-in application “HelloWorld” will be triggered when button is pushed

PushButton pushButton = ribbonPanel.AddItem(new PushButtonData("HelloWorld",
                "HelloWorld", @"C:\Documents and Settings\knowlesd\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\HelloWorld\HelloWorld\bin\Release\HelloWorld.dll", "HelloWorld.CsHelloWorld")) as PushButton;

// Set the large image shown on button
            Uri uriImage = new Uri(@"C:\Documents and Settings\knowlesd\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\HelloWorld\HelloWorld\bin\Release\39-Globe_32x32.png");
            BitmapImage largeImage = new BitmapImage(uriImage);
            pushButton.LargeImage = largeImage;

return Result.Succeeded;
        }

public Result OnShutdown(UIControlledApplication application)
        {
            return Result.Succeeded;
        }

}
}

any ideas 🙂

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
DMadhuri
in reply to: Dave_Duke

Hi,

Please change the settings from Release mode to Debug mode to have Debugging enabled.

When you are building the dll, if the outut is going to the Relase folder, you'll not be able to debug the application.

To do the changes Right click on the Solution Explorer >properties >Configration Properties >Change it Debug mode .

Message 4 of 5
DMadhuri
in reply to: DMadhuri

In reply to your second issue , Please check if there Hello.dll  and is this registered in the add-in  (C:\Documents and Settings\knowlesd\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\HelloWorld\HelloWorld\bin\Release\HelloWorld.dll), The error is coming because of the Helloworld.dll. Check if this is running independently. If not fix the problem there .

Message 5 of 5

Hi

This code is for the IExternalApplication, but it seems that your .addin is trying to register it as a IExternalCommand.

Can you post your .addin here too? That way we can check it...

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves

Autodesk Developer Network

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community