Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing dll file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
revitworkbench
1005 Views, 4 Replies

Missing dll file

Hi I am getting trouble with an addin that is saying missing dll file (see attached) I seem to remember if I open the addin file in C# and hit  build but there is and error when sending it to C# and the "build" button is greyed out. Is this error fixable? If so, which folder exactly do I put the dll file into? See attached files for reference. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
vchekalin
in reply to: revitworkbench

Hi 

Message 3 of 5
sam.z
in reply to: revitworkbench

You probably either need to hardcode the path to your DLL in your .addin file or move your .DLL to the Addins folder.

Ie:

- Change to <Assembly>C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AutoDesk\Revit\Addins\2014\Wiip.....blah\Wiip.Revit.Numbering2014.dll</Assembly>

OR

- Move your DLL to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2014 and change your addin to  <Assembly> Wiip.Revit.Numbering2014.dll</Assembly>

Message 4 of 5
revitworkbench
in reply to: sam.z

First of all I want to thank you both for your help. But both responses would only be helpful if I had a dll file, which I do not. I cannot build the dll file because the button is greyed out. Again I am new to this so please do not assume anything is obvious to me, but none of your suggestions could be implemented by me. Thanks

Message 5 of 5

Hi Michael,

The ADDIN file is not really your application. It is just a settings file that tells Revit where to find your application and other information and settings for your Application.

If you do not already have the "Wiip.Revit.Numbering2014.dll" file with you, you have two choices:

1) Request the creator of that application to give you that file (and any other files that the DLL depends on)

2) Obtain the C# source code of that application and then build it.

Best Regards

Gopinath

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community