Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Levels and Elevations questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chuck.han
441 Views, 3 Replies

Levels and Elevations questions

1. If I create a Level using ...Create.NewLevel(elevation), it creates a Level with some default X-Y extents.  Is there a way to programmatically change the extents?

2. I can get an Elevation marker (Category = "Elevations"), but I can't seem to get its coordinates.  For example, its Location as LocationPoint (or LocationCurve for that matter) is null.  I can move it, but I want to find its original position first.

Thanks in advance, Chuck

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chuck.han
in reply to: chuck.han

Actually, even if I programmatically move the Elevation marker, the corresponding view plane does not move. (Even though the View arrow moves along with the square Elevation marker, the view plane does not).  Is there a programmatic way to move the viewing plane?  You pick the View arrow to move the view plane manually, but the Location property of this Element is null.  Any thoughts?

Message 3 of 4
Dale.Bartlett
in reply to: chuck.han

Hi Chuck, Did you ever resolve these points? Dale

in reply to: Dale.Bartlett

Dale, I haven't looked for a solution since posting the question, so I don't know if newer Revit API releases can address the problem.

Thanks, Chuck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community