Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IUpdater Error Message

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
travis.rothbloom
396 Views, 3 Replies

IUpdater Error Message

Hi,

I’ve been using some updaters that use the IUpdater interface in some of my addins.  I don’t have any problems with the updaters themselves really, it’s just that I implemented one a while ago without setting it to "optional" and so a file I was working on was saved with “non-optional” updater data in it.  Now when somebody without the updater loads the file, as expected they get the “Missing Third-Party Updater” message.  I know in the future to set any updaters as optional, but is there any way to remove/suppress the message on this older file?

I know that this message is merely a warning, and I’ve even written code to account for all changes that somebody’s made to the file without the updater.  But the issue is that I’m working with some people who get spooked very easily and won’t touch this file when this message pops up, even when I’ve explicitly told them it’s alright just to hit “Continue working with the file.” or “Do not warn about this updater again and continue working with the file.”.  Basically I need to remove the data from the model that informs it that it was once modified by a non-optional updater; even changing the updater to optional in my .dll and loading it into the file doesn't overwrite the model knowing that it was onced modified non-optionally.  Hope this all makes sense.

Travis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi there,

I think you could use the Failure API for that:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2010/04/failure-api.html

I hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution"

button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for that, but I've already seen that page/tried to suppress the message through the failure API with no success. It seems that, at least with the methods I've been using, that the failure message of "Missing Third Party Updater" isn't read like other errors, something I've found out through debugging. Can anybody else verify this? On another note, the architects I'm working with are being very difficult and would most likely not be open to having to install an additional addin just to suppress this message. If there are solutions that don't involve the end user having to do anything themselves, that would be ideal.
Message 4 of 4

Dear Travis,

If you really seriously just want to suppress the message and nothing else, I have the absolute killer for you: my dialogue clicker:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2009/10/dismiss-dialogue-using-windows-api.html

Here is a usage example:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/01/synchronize-with-central.html

Last resort, though, I would say.

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community