Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an Installer for Revit API 2014 using visual studio express 2012.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
robertlevy5725
559 Views, 3 Replies

How to create an Installer for Revit API 2014 using visual studio express 2012.

Hi everyone,

I have created a simple Revit API application. I am using Visual studio 2012. The application is very simple, there is the application.dll which is supposed to go into the Revit install folder. I also have 2 images for my ribbon button on the panel. I also have a application.addin file which I created for it to load when Revit loads. I want to upload this application to the Autodesk App store so users can download it. How do I create the installer for this application? I saw a website that explains how to upload, but it doesn't say anything about the installer. Can someone tell me where there is autodesk information on how to do this? I didn't see any installer in the Visual Studio 2012.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

The Autodesk Exchange Store team will create the installer for you, just submit the application files (xml, dll, icons, help, etc).

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4

Hi robertlevy5725

I developed a plug-in using Visual Studio 2012 and i created a exe file Visual Basic With the wizard. In my case, I need the installer to the run

in my case I need to install the plugin in the pc user so I created the exe file. I think what is best mentions Augusto, with this option you avoid using the visual studio wizard. however I give you an example .... look at how to make your exe file with visual studio assistant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBVyrZuSsQE

Message 4 of 4

@marcosmateo

Indeed you can create your own .exe, but for the store, we'll need the MSI installer following our standard. The store team will create the MSI with the files you provide...

if you need custom actions on your installer, you can create a Merge Module (MSM), we'll include it on the MSI.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community