Revit API

Revit API

Active Contributor
wouterbleumink
Message 1 of 1 (398 Views)

How to copy a material with full details from project to new family?

398 Views, 0 Replies
04-05-2012 12:08 AM

Hello all,

I am creating an addin (using vb.net) for Revit and am facing a problem copying a material from the open project to a newly created family.

My app creates a new family (when a project is already opened in Revit),creates new sub-category’s and import’s some DWG data. Afterwards it load’s the family into the open project.

I would like to copy a specific material definition from the project to the newly created family (with surface- and cutpattern’s) and apply it to a newly created sub-category.

Could you help me out on how to do this? Simply finding the material in the project and setting it to a newly created one in the family does not work correctly.

Kind regards,

Wouter Bleumink

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.