Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build connection between air supply opening and a duct.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
712 Views, 4 Replies

How to build connection between air supply opening and a duct.

Hello, everyone.  I'm trying to build mep system using API in revit mep.

Here is a problem I met when I try to add air supply opening to a duct. I don't know how to connect an air supply openning to the duct ablow it. I think that using tee join may be a solution, but I want a better method. Can anyone 风口.jpgknow any better method?

Thanks!  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ollikat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

Since I havent played with this kind of functionality of API for a while, I'm not able to tell you any certain facts.

But as far as I know you always have to make connections using available connectors. So if you want to attach the terminal to duct using tee, first you have to split the target duct, create one new duct, then tee. After that you could connect your terminal device to duct you created.

If you are using taps, then it obviously doesn't need splitting of the target duct.

I managed to find a thread where I previously roughly explained the work flow of splitting the curve element:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-API/Pipe-Duck-spliting-using-the-Revit-API/td-p/3312303

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ollikat

Thank you for your suggestion.  

In my situation I don't want to use a teejoint. Do you know how to build a connection as in the picture below using API. It seams easier than using teejoint.  Thanks!

风管.jpg

Message 4 of 5
ollikat
in reply to: Anonymous

I think the Document::Create::NewTakeoffFitting() function is what you are searching for.

First you need to have a duct (A) connected to your terminal and ending near to the target duct (B). Then you can call NewTakeoffFitting() and give in the open connector of the A as a first argument and the B as the second. It will create the "tap" for the connection and makes the connection also.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ollikat

Thank you for your suggestion. Your method is the solution for my situation. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community