Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Command ID from Journal

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jason.kunkel
795 Views, 2 Replies

Get Command ID from Journal

I give up.  I've spent a good amount of time on Google and maybe it's just because it's Friday afternoon, but I cannot find my answer.

I am trying to play with 2013's ability to replace built-in commands.  I see that I can look through the journal file to get commands.  I also found a nice Excel sheet that listed a lot of the command IDs already.  The Command ID I am looking for does not seem to be in the Excel file, and looking through the Journal file gives me no help in figuring out what the command ID is.

I am specifically flooking for the Add a Leader under Symbol command, but would love to know how to determine it myself.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
saikat
in reply to: jason.kunkel

I investigated a bit into this and found the following entry in the Journal file for the Add A Symbol button click:

Jrn.PushButton "ToolBar , {}{} , Dialog_Family_FaminstLeaderDlgbar" _
          , "Add a Leader, Control_Family_FaminstAddleader"

From what it seems, many Revit actions are not performed using commands - actions can be taken directly in controls which seems to be happening here. So it seems we cannot get/use the CommandId to replace this functionality.

If you need a workaround, I am thinking if you can use the IUpdater mechanism to track for newly added symbol and take some steps as appropriate.

cheers

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting
Message 3 of 3
jason.kunkel
in reply to: saikat

I had found that line in the Journal as well, I just assumed that I didn't know how to translate it.  Sadly, not the case!

I will do some reading into the IUpdater.  Haven't used that yet.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community