Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Families within Rooms

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Abdelmawlas
509 Views, 3 Replies

Families within Rooms

Is there any possible way to collect component families within room boundary? The next step will be the ability to scan linked models for families within the room, e.g. receptacles and diffusers from linked MEP model.
The goal is to collect Room Data (name, number, department, . . .), Finishing (wall, floor, ceiling, . . .), Furnishings (casework, fixtures, . . .) and MEP and synchronize with external MS Access or SQL database.
Please let me know if you are aware of any third party application that can perform such function.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
joelkarr
in reply to: Abdelmawlas

I think that is definitely something that is possible. I do not know of any existing 3rd party apps for this but I work for a company called CADworks that develops custom tools similar to your concept.

If you would like more information on the services we provide please email me at jkarr@CADworks.net
Message 3 of 4
rudderdl

It can be done. Iterate through all elements you are concerned with and get the room info from the "Room.Name" and "Room.Number" properties of each "Elements.FamilyInstance"

You can then build a class of collections where the rooms are object collections of child objects of various element types. It is then fairly easy to get the list of all data in a room from the parent container *rooms class"...

If you are looking for a 3rd party app, try Codebook. But I can tell you that the Revit sync utility Codebook is using is still having issues with the 64 bit interop (MsAccess). We have managed a way to overcome the 64 bit interop issue here in house so have diverged from Codebook for now...

http://www.codebookinternational.com/
Message 4 of 4
chenkianwee_r

I am trying to get all the elements(wall, roof, windows, doors) that is associated with the room using the api, I look up on the revit lookup it seems that only the wall and column is shown on the room boundary. Is there a way to retrieve the element within the room ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community