Revit API

mawlsam
Message 1 of 4 (356 Views)

Families within Rooms

356 Views, 3 Replies
10-11-2009 10:47 AM

Is there any possible way to collect component families within room boundary? The next step will be the ability to scan linked models for families within the room, e.g. receptacles and diffusers from linked MEP model.
The goal is to collect Room Data (name, number, department, . . .), Finishing (wall, floor, ceiling, . . .), Furnishings (casework, fixtures, . . .) and MEP and synchronize with external MS Access or SQL database.
Please let me know if you are aware of any third party application that can perform such function.

Thanks

Active Contributor
joelkarr
Message 2 of 4 (356 Views)

Re: Families within Rooms

10-16-2009 10:14 AM in reply to: mawlsam
I think that is definitely something that is possible. I do not know of any existing 3rd party apps for this but I work for a company called CADworks that develops custom tools similar to your concept.

If you would like more information on the services we provide please email me at jkarr@CADworks.net
Valued Contributor
rudderdl
Message 3 of 4 (356 Views)

12-28-2009 11:24 AM in reply to: mawlsam
It can be done. Iterate through all elements you are concerned with and get the room info from the "Room.Name" and "Room.Number" properties of each "Elements.FamilyInstance"

You can then build a class of collections where the rooms are object collections of child objects of various element types. It is then fairly easy to get the list of all data in a room from the parent container *rooms class"...

If you are looking for a 3rd party app, try Codebook. But I can tell you that the Revit sync utility Codebook is using is still having issues with the 64 bit interop (MsAccess). We have managed a way to overcome the 64 bit interop issue here in house so have diverged from Codebook for now...

http://www.codebookinternational.com/
chenkianwee_r
Message 4 of 4 (284 Views)

01-10-2011 07:28 PM in reply to: mawlsam

I am trying to get all the elements(wall, roof, windows, doors) that is associated with the room using the api, I look up on the revit lookup it seems that only the wall and column is shown on the room boundary. Is there a way to retrieve the element within the room ?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube