Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ElectricalFixtureTypes Property

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mikecarrico7670
258 Views, 2 Replies

ElectricalFixtureTypes Property

Working in the Revit 2013 API and I am trying to generate a familysymbolset of all Electrical Fixtures contained within a model.  Looking through the chm at the Document Class of the Autodesk.Revit.DB Namespace , it looks like there is an ElectricalEquipment Types Property as well as LightingFixture, LightingDevice, etc., etc. but no ElectricalFixture Types property.  I also looked through the Autodesk.Revit.Db.Electrical Namespace but with no luck.  Any help locating this property or another method to get this FamilySymbolSet would be greatly appreciatd.

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ollikat
in reply to: mikecarrico7670

Hi

Actually I wasn't even aware of those kind of properties...newer used them. As an alternative you can always use filters. With them you can fetch anything you want from the project document.

See FilteredElementCollector documentation, I think there are some examples. Other classes that you could use in this case are ElementCategoryFilter, ElementClassFilter and LogicalAndFilter.

Message 3 of 3
mikecarrico7670
in reply to: ollikat

Thanks. I ended up using a filtered element collector.  Just thought it was kind of strange that those parameters existed for all of those other types and not electrical fixtures.  Thanks for the response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community