Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest way to change families from imperial to metric

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Mehdi.Kardehi
1117 Views, 3 Replies

Easiest way to change families from imperial to metric

I have some families that I couldn't find the metric version of them and they are all imperial

what's the quickest way to make them metric? 

I don't want to go to project units and change every single unit one by one in the family file and then load it to project

Cheers,

M

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Question is, Why do you want to change them to metric ? When your project is metric, these families automatically will be metric in the project. Else, changing the project units in the family editor is the only way I can think of.
Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).
Message 3 of 4

I have downloaded some Daikin families from their website

When I uplead the condensing unit family to my metric Revit project the mechanical loads are still showing in Btu/h instead of W

Please see photo attached

Message 4 of 4

Okay, I'm not familiar with MEP but it looks like these parameters where made to be in these units and I doubt they can be cahnged to other units. So maybe it's an idea to make extra parameters which calculate these parameters to metric.
Kind regards,
Remy van den Bor
ICN Solutions B.V.
Liked this post or found it usefull, don't forget the Kudo It won't hurt (at least not me).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community