Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debbugging...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Wolfgang.B.Weh
352 Views, 3 Replies

Debbugging...

Hi,

Since a couple of days I experience a strange crash when debugging using the option "Start external program".

=> "Autodesk Revit has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

However I can debug attaching to the Revit process and using the Add-In manager, see:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/12/reload-add-in-for-debug-without-restart.html

The compiled add-in also works nicely.

I first thought that the crash had something to do with Revit Structure and Revit Architecture being installed in parallel, but I've now un-installed both and re-installed only Revit Architecture (2013, 64bit, on Win7 Pro 64bit).

Anybody any idea?

Thanks

Wolfgang

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
saikat
in reply to: Wolfgang.B.Weh

Hi

Would it be possible to make a copy of this VS project file in a different folder and then replace the existing code in this copied addin project with, say a Hello World, message and then see if you can replicate the behavior with this new (copied) VS project. If you can, can you please this provide the copied VS project for us to look into further.

thanks

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting
Message 3 of 4
Wolfgang.B.Weh
in reply to: saikat

Hi Saikat,

thanks for your reply.

This behaviour happens with all projects which I tested.

Attached is the VB.Net Hello World example.

I have the gut feeling that this has something to do with my machine/installation.

It used to work fine when I only had Revit Structural installed.

I'm rather sure that the program first occured after I also installed Revit Architecture.

I'm using...

Windows 7 Professional, 64bit, Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional, Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel

Revit Architecture 2013, Build: 20121003_2115(x64), Update Release 2

Regards

Wolfgang

Message 4 of 4
saikat
in reply to: Wolfgang.B.Weh

Just you mentioned, your add-in worked fine on my system.

Do you have other add-ins that are being loaded during launch of Revit that might be causing this? If yes, does removing the .addin files of the other apps help avoid the error for the the sample app you had send across?

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community