Revit API

Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (200 Views)

Create an interface between REVIT and another software

200 Views, 1 Replies
05-20-2012 02:06 AM

Hi everyone, I'm French, excuse me for my English :smileyhappy:. I work in an office of MEP study. In cooperation with a software development company, we want to create an interface between REVIT and another software. We would like this software to come and get the relevant information in REVIT database (in a relational database) without REVIT user to have to export a file. We want to get an automatic process. So what are compatible tools to do this kind of operation with REVIT? I am not an expert in programming but I have found some tools that might solve my needs. Sorry if I talk nonsense, I thought to SQL Server, XML LANGUAGE, IFC format file or VBA macros. Thank you for your help.

Leon81

Active Contributor
DMadhuri
Message 2 of 2 (185 Views)

Re: Create an interface between REVIT and another software

05-21-2012 04:11 AM in reply to: Leon81

Hi Leon81,

Autodesk provides one such utility called Revit DBLink which might be helpful to the requireiment you described.

Hope it helps.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube