Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour following objects

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
-HFenby-Taylor-
284 Views, 1 Reply

Contour following objects

Can an object or a line of objects be arranged to follow contours?

e.g. a line of kerbs (from a family, including build up and specification etc., not just a placeholder)

Or, is Revit the wrong tool? I'm happy to hack a plugin to make this work as my company has already made the investment, but the Autodesk infrastructure tools might be the right option.

Curse you landscape architecture for falling through the software provision cracks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You could create your families such as kerbs using the "Structural Framing - Beams and Braces" template and then either use the API or user interface to place them as beams along selected curves. It's a little hackish in that if your rvt file is being used by other consultants they will need to know about these "Beams" and filter them out of their schedules and views accordingly.

A more pure way would be to use the "Line Based" template but unfortunately you will be limited to straight lines only. You could work around this by tessellating any arcs encountered using the API.

I've not had much experience with the MEP families and associated tools such as pipes and ducts. It might be worth your while to check those out too to see if something there is a better fit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community