Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ContextualHelp URL doesn't work

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rwelchKT
789 Views, 8 Replies

ContextualHelp URL doesn't work

In spite of the fact that the Revit API is correctly storing the ContextualHelp URL and Type that I send it (based on a dialog the fact that I'm able to display these variables in a dialog box), when I click ‘F1’ from the Addin's toolstrip icon, it just opens up a blank “html” file. Any idea what might be the cause of this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rwelchKT
in reply to: rwelchKT

Attached is code related to my issue

static string urlhelp = "http://ktrg.kierantimberlake.com/tally/faq/";

string path = System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location);

ContextualHelp contextHelp = new ContextualHelp(ContextualHelpType.Url, urlhelp);

contextHelp.HelpTopicUrl = urlhelp;
contextHelp.HelpType = ContextualHelpType.Url;

pushButton1.SetContextualHelp(contextHelp);

MessageBox.Show("ContextualHelp Object's Help URL : " + contextHelp.HelpTopicUrl

+ "\nPushbutton's Contextual Help URL : " + pushButton1.GetContextualHelp().HelpTopicUrl
 + "\nContextualHelp Object's Help TYPE : " + contextHelp.HelpType.ToString()
 + "\nPushbutton's Contextual Help TYPE : " + pushButton1.GetContextualHelp().HelpType.ToString());

Error.png

After pressing F1

Error2.png

Message 3 of 9
Joe.Ye

Hello,

Would you please upload the code sample to here or other place?

Thanks

Joe Ye
Contractor
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 4 of 9
rwelchKT
in reply to: Joe.Ye

Please see above.

Message 5 of 9
Joe.Ye

Hi, I use the same code in windows. After hit F1 when the cursor is hovering the Ribbon button, it can display the webpage correctly using IE. What's your default internet explorer? or Maybe it relates with your firewall setting?

Joe Ye
Contractor
Message 6 of 9
rwelchKT

I am using Google Chrome and don't normally have any issues opening up other web pages via Process.Start calls within my add-in. But when I tried one of the Autodesk sample plug-ins (File Upgrader), I got the following error, which suggests to me that it's something not just specific to url helpfiles, as this one appears to be a text document.

Error.PNG

Message 7 of 9
Joe.Ye

Hi Ryanxwelch,

I don't have this problem with the File Upgrader.
This problem sounds related to specific computer.
Would you please try that in another computer to see if that happens?

Thanks,

Joe Ye
Contractor
Message 8 of 9
Luis_Salazar
in reply to: Joe.Ye

Hi guys, if my default browser is Google Chrome, the web link is not opened. If I use Firefox, it is opened. It is an issue for Google Chrome customers. Could you check it?

Message 9 of 9

Hi Luis, 

Do you mean F1 help?  If so, i just tried with one of store app and Gluee add-in.  They work for me.  

Mikako Harada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community